< BACK TO RESIDENTIAL
City of Worcester, Solar Photovoltaic Roof Restoration
As part of the city of Worcester’s Energy Efficiency and Conservation Program, we teamed up with Honeywell Building Solutions—a premier energy service company and member of the Fortune 100—to prepare all the city’s flat-roof schools for the installation of solar PV roofing. The massive resurfacing project encompassed over 230,000 square feet.
Research by the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, a sector of the U.S. Department of Energy, confirms that Cool Roofing systems have the potential to save money, reduce air pollution, and reduce the need for re-roofing. In the end, we were a part of a citywide initiative to go green—a project that was first of its kind
BENEFITS OF COOL ROOF SYSTEMS
· Cool Roof surfaces reduce urban air temperatures, reducing smog formation and improving air quality
· Reduces electrical power demand, preventing power
outages in very hot and very cold seasons
· Reduces energy bills by decreasing air conditioning needs
· Improves indoor thermal comfort
· Extends roof life and minimizes the need for re-roofing (Our nation creates 11 million tons of asphalt roofing waste per year. That’s 7-10% of landfill space over the last 40 years!)
· Prevents excessive and harmful power plan emissions, including carbon dioxide, nitrous oxides, and mercury.